Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On your way to a thinner, happier, healthier YOU with 2 great recipes!



As a fitness and health professional, and while studying toward my certification as a certified health coach with the holistic nutritional school of Integrative Nutrition, I would like to take this time and share a few recipes that can REALLY go a long way with making veggies and other foods that are calorically dense EASIER to eat. One of my favorite salad dressings that I make is made up of primarily 2 or 3 ingredients, your call. All you need is a high powered blender(preferably the VITAMIX), about one cup of cashews, 2 peeled oranges, and optional tbsp. of balsamic vinegarette. Throw all those in the blender and turn on high for about 15-20 seconds or until nice and liquidy. You can add half an orange if you like it a little runnier. I use this on salads, dip cucumbers and things in it. It is AMAZING and cuts down on all the calories added by store salad dressings and you can feel good about the 2 ingredients you are making it with!

One of my other favorites is very simple and a great way to start breakfast. I take 2 plain pieces of Ezekiel bread and toast them. Then, I scramble some egg whites with about one yolk and cut it in half. Next, take avacado and spread on top and top it off with some hot sauce or small bit of lower sugar ketchup. So good!!! Try these recipes out and let me know what you think. I know you will love them!

1 comment:

  1. The cashew dip sounds incredible! Have you tried my ranch dressing with the macadamia nuts? Now that is NOT low on calories...but we burn em off anyway, right!!! :)
    Thanks for the great post Dave!

    Ps. Store bought salad dressings have nasty rancid oil and usually sugar. Making dressings from scratch is the way to go. Post more Dave!!

    ReplyDelete